cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is diamond bank sending me emails on 48 months behalf ..

barbara
Newcomer

I have recived email from diamond bank that my account will be suspended and I should click on the link in order to sort it out. I am not willing to fallow the link !!! Is this a spam or they are legitimate representatives of 48 moths company.

Please help

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds like spam.

Certainly doesn't sound like a legitimate 48 email.

Does it include 48 branding/logos?

Can you post a screenshot or the text of the email here without any identifying info if applicable.

Certainly don't click any links in it if you are suspicious of it.

But if you move the mouse pointer over the link on a computer then the actual URL/address should be shown and if it's dodgy it should be obvious.

If necessary contact 48 support to ask them about this:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

There is several (reported on the web) e-mails circulating currently containing malware & used for Phishing information off the unwitting recipient when the email is opened, and/or clicking on a link within, or opening a file.

These emails unfortunately can be a result of either a successful previous Phishing (Phishing = unlawfully attaining details/contacts/banking details) attempt on a subject,whereby their contact list was infiltrated, or simply randomly sent.

As well advised in the post above, please be scrupulous about opening emails or files.

Smartphones are computing devices with telephonic capabilities.

If an email is from an unfamiliar source, please do not open it.

Also if a supposed company linked to you has sent an e-mail and is requesting you to input log in details or customer numbers for any reason, it is not legitimate, leave the email untouched, call the company, or contact by other means, & inform them of the email.

Delete at nearest opportunity, or better still, pop it in your spam folder, so it can be processed.

I hope this is useful.

Did that help at all barbara?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.