cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Stopped Being Recognised

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

My sim has just suddenly stopped being recognised by my phone. It acts as though no Sim is in the device. I've tried it in another phone and same result. I'm guessing I need a replacement but I am going on holiday tomorrow and really need to be able to make calls. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Killian

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Have you tried cleaning it gently and reinserting it?

Do you get any signal at all?

Can you see any networks when you do a manual scan?

Did anything change on the phone - e.g. software update or settings changes?

What make/model of phone is it?

How do you mean it acts as if there's no SIM?

Can you post a screenshot?

You may need a replacement SIM but maybe 48 support will be able to help since it's urgent:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Tried cleaning it.
No signal.
No networks are found.
No updates or settings changed, had been working earlier that day.
Lumia 1520 / Samsung Desire
Both devices say insert sim card / no sim card detected.
I'll restart and grab a screenshot now.

I reckon you'll need to contact 48 support so.

Do you happen to have any spare 48 SIMs around or know anybody who has?

That way you could probably get 48 support to activate a spare as a replacement in time for your trip.

Ordering a replacement SIM through the website takes a few days to get it and with the weekend coming up it might be next week before it arrives in the post... Man Sad

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

No, unfortunately no spares laying around. I've ordered a replacement. I'll pick up a temporary sim for the country I'm going on holiday in the meantime. Thanks anyways.

Regards,

Killian