cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive texts

Anon
Not applicable
I have an iPhone 4 which has only been set up for about 2 months. In the last few weeks I noticed I wasn't receiving every text that had been sent to me. However in last last week this has gotten worse. I'm not receiving any texts, even when I know for a fact that they are being sent. I also can't send any, it will either never fully complete the "sending" bar or else will do the "message failed to send" alert and then when I go out of messages and go back in the message that hasn't sent is gone. Completely disappeared. Further to this my entire viber is blank. I can see speech bubbles but no speech ! I also can't view Facebook notification or go in to a post without out the app shutting down. And now Instagram won't open either !! I was hoping you could help figure out if this is a phone issue or a network one.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Sounds like the issue is related to internet. Check if you have run out of internet allowance on your membership, or used up your internet add-ons?

It would explain why apps like Viber, Facebook and Instagram are not working. In that case you'd have to buy an internet add-on, or wait until your next membership kicks in with the internet allowance full.

Sending texts should still be ok though. Could be a phone setting that has not been enabled, so the second thing to check is: on your iPhone go to Settings --> Messages, and there's an option to "send as SMS". That needs to be enabled, as otherwise it might try send it as iMessage instead, which uses data.

Can you post back and let us know how you get on?

Anon
Not applicable

Its not the internet, when I'm not connected to WiFi I have plenty of data. And i know what these apps do when I'm not connected, they just dont refresh but currently facebook and instagram won't even open without freezing the phone and exiting the app. imessage has never been turned on on my phone as they annoy me. I only ever send as sms.

Tis problem is most definitely not an internet issue.

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Ok, in that case it's best if you raise a ticket with the agents (click here). They can troubleshoot the issue in more detail and can also see your account details in their system. I hope it gets sorted soon! Sounds really frustrating. 😞

Don't hesitate to pop a reply here when you figure out the issue, would be great to hear what the agents say in case anyone else is experiencing this too.