cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off phone

Hi small problem, when my phone turns of and I turn it back on it says my phone is locked and i need to enter the password to unlock again?

Do you know how I stop this?

Dan

4 REPLIES 4

1amcn
Rock Star

Hey

Sounds like it is the pin request for the 48 sim - (this on is on the sim-card package you received from 48 initially)

You may be able to disable this if you wish... dependant on handset.

EDIT:

Otherwise its the puk request OR your phone is actually not network unlocked from your previous provider.

Also I recommend everyone changes the 48 supplied sim pin to a number they remember - to avoid unnecessary trouble!

Smiley Happy

1amcn
Rock Star

Follow up.

Have you tried the sim pin as suggested?

If so, what you would like to stop (sim pin request on booting phone or, happy that it was the sim pin request!) ?

Any luck ?

I see you have been a member of 48 for a few weeks now... i should have asked in  myop if has this has always happened or began suddenly?

Hey sorry for the late reply. I enter the pin that I recieved with the sim and it works fine. But still everytime my phone turns of it asked for it again and again. 

Switch off SIM PIN locking in your phone system/security settings if you don't want to be prompted for it every time you reboot.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.