cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card repeatedly refreshing?

7auzy
Visitor

My sim card keeps refreshing and subsequently restarting my phone, it's a pain. It's been happening at least once a day, but over the past couple of days it's been ongoing. I got in touch with an agent last week and they told me to take out and reinsert the simcard. I've done that and I'm still experiencing the issue. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

7auzy
Visitor
Got Assistance, thank you.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

7auzy
Visitor
Got Assistance, thank you.

ureynolds
Visitor

This has been happening to me for over a week. An agent said to order a new sim but that has not stopped it constantly refreshing and not registering on the network. How did you manage to make it stop if you don't mind me asking? 🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Was it working on before and then this started happening?
Or was it always like this?
What is the exact message that you get?
What make and model of phone are you using?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update @ureynolds ?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

It has been working fine for years until over a week ago. It says sim refreshing every 2ish minutes and it says selected network (48) unavailable. I am using a samsung galaxy s6

7auzy
Visitor
That's the exact same issue that I've been having. It didn't stop to be perfectly honest, it appeared to stop but would start back up again. I spoke to a member of 48 support, and apart from performing a network reset, the only option I have is to get a new sim card.

Did it stop when you got a new sim card? I ordered a new sim card and have had it for 2 weeks and it hasn't stopped. 48 help is none existent and I am basically non contactable unless I have WiFi, it is so annoying

While I was awaiting my replacement simcard, it appeared to have stopped. It refreshed a handful of times but nothing like before. I'm prepared to change my simcard if it starts back up again.

I struggled with it too, it got to a stage where my phone couldn't function with the simcard in. It was refreshing non stop. I started taking my simcard out leaving it out for long periods unless I specifically needed it. Not ideal at all.

I moved back to Galway due to lockdown. I had to travel back up to Dublin briefly for work. I noticed that the issue wasn't prevalent while I was in Dublin, but as soon as I returned to Galway (I live in the countryside) my phone started refreshing again. I thought it could be a network issue, support suggested a network reset so I played around with my network settings. However, I can't say for sure whether it had any impact or not. It's reallly hard to tell whether it just sorted itself on its own or if I actually did something to help.

Often the issue is caused by a faulty simcard, but apparently it could be caused by a faulty simcard reader. You could test another simcard to see if you have a different result, if the issue persists it might be a fault with your phone.

I never had an issue contacting 48 support apart from the last day I posted here. I've been a member since 2013 and they've consistently had Web Support during standard office hours. If you visit 48months.ie/help there should be a 'Chat Now' bubble on the right hand side of the page. Web Support started from 12pm the day I tried as opposed to the time printed on the website. The reason why 48 is so affordable is because they don't have a massive Customer Support team/call centre. I suspect it's possible that they're running on skeleton staff due to COVID, most places are.

I really hope your issue gets resolved, it's an absolute pain.

Thanks so much for replying! I saw your last message yesterday and reset my network settings and it lasted the whole day, but started refreshing in the evening again. I also live in Galway, but my partner who has also been with 48 for over 8 years isn't having any issue with his phone. It really is so frustrating when it refreshes and deletes everything. 

A button to contact 48 won't come up for me at all, and I've tried on several different computers and phones which is strange. I emailed and messaged on fb but nothing yet after 2 weeks.

I will try another sim card in my phone thank you for the idea, and hopefully that might be the reason!

Thanks for your help