cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service abroad

Anon
Not applicable
Hi! Went in holidays for 10 days and my iphone 5s wont get any network...no service since here! I had no problem in the past in the same country on UE! Please help ASAP
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What networks do you see when you manually scan for networks?
Can you manually connect to any of them?
Do you have any cash credit on your account?
Sometimes iPhones need to be activated on a new network and this can require a UK SMS costing 25c to be sent.
If that doesn't help then contact 48 support for advice:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/m-p/4038#U4038

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I see vodafone,orange and cosmote but unable to connect to any of them! My girlfriend has the same problem with a samsung s4! Thanks for the advice! Much apreciated

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Is your girlfriend also on 48?
Do you both have roaming enabled?
What country are you in? I'm assuming Greece?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Actually you're not in Romania by any chance?
If so I think that 48 stopped supporting roaming there a while back for some reason.
It's no longer listed as one of the supported EU roaming countries.

Hope this helps.

Dalyer said:

Actually you're not in Romania by any chance? If so I think that 48 stopped supporting roaming there a while back for some reason. It's no longer listed as one of the supported EU roaming countries. Hope this helps.

If that's the case his best bet would be find wifi and use skype credit.