cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number advised - but I requested to keep my old number

I received my new Sim yesterday and sent a request to keep my old number. I received an email today and I responded and logged in and was then advised of a new number. Why is this the case and do I have to now order a new Sim (I'm not prepared to loser my old number.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You get an new 089 number with a new SIM. Then if you want to keep an old number you port it over:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You get an new 089 number with a new SIM. Then if you want to keep an old number you port it over:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I have the same problem but how do you port it over?

1amcn
Rock Star
As pointed in answer above...

Read thoroughly & follow the guide within the link to familerise yourself with the process.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/How-do-I-keep-my-old-number/td-p/18/jump-to/f...

In short:

48 support will seek to bring your number over to the 48 network from the previous network provider, to be held by you (on your request)

I hope you find clarity within this post.