cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is frozen

Anon
Not applicable

My Phone is locked to Vodafone so I requested the unlock code which I received finally by email.  I took my fone to the Vodafone shop and asked the guys there to unlock my fone and gave them the code.  They have done it incorrectly and now my phone is frozen.  I took it back to them and they said I must contact customer services who will talk me through unfreezing it.  I have phoned Customer services and they can't help and have told me to take it back to the shop for them to send it away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  From reading on your message board, I think I need an unfreeze code.  My phone is a Samsung Toco Lite S5230.  What an I going to do now as Vodafone are sending me on a wild Goose Chase.  Can anyone from 48 help please????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevinoism
Regular

An unfreezing codeis needed to take away the lock that the phone put on after the incorrect code was used. Can I ask, since you gave it to them to input the code in the store, did you not see at the time that the phone was frozen?

Furthermore this is really a problem for Vodafone not 48, as Vodafone are the ones who supplied you with the incorrect code for you phone and they themselves input it incorrectly and caused the fault. So they have the choice of either giving you an unfreezing code or a replacement as essentially they messed up your phone. Some phone companies can be a right pain at awknowleging they are wrong, so you just have to go in and speak to them in person and make them call customer services for you and resolve it. I have done this and it tends to work better than calling customer services myself. (It's easier to get them to do something when you see them face to face.) Try to push that they supply you with the unfreezing code instead of sending it away.

Sorry to hear that happened to you and I hope that it is resolved soon 😃

ps. this link has some tutorials on how to unfreeze it when you get an unfreeze code. 

http://www.fastgsm.com/en/samsung/samsung-s5230-tocco-lite/unlock-code/network-unlocker

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

kevinoism
Regular

An unfreezing codeis needed to take away the lock that the phone put on after the incorrect code was used. Can I ask, since you gave it to them to input the code in the store, did you not see at the time that the phone was frozen?

Furthermore this is really a problem for Vodafone not 48, as Vodafone are the ones who supplied you with the incorrect code for you phone and they themselves input it incorrectly and caused the fault. So they have the choice of either giving you an unfreezing code or a replacement as essentially they messed up your phone. Some phone companies can be a right pain at awknowleging they are wrong, so you just have to go in and speak to them in person and make them call customer services for you and resolve it. I have done this and it tends to work better than calling customer services myself. (It's easier to get them to do something when you see them face to face.) Try to push that they supply you with the unfreezing code instead of sending it away.

Sorry to hear that happened to you and I hope that it is resolved soon 😃

ps. this link has some tutorials on how to unfreeze it when you get an unfreeze code. 

http://www.fastgsm.com/en/samsung/samsung-s5230-tocco-lite/unlock-code/network-unlocker