cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SMS function is not working

felixulamen2004_
Newcomer

I have not be able to send text messages on my network(089 ******). Can you find out the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did it ever work?

Can you receive texts?

Does sending fail to all numbers or just some?

Do you have text allowances left on your membership?

Is your SMSC correctly configured (it is if you can receive texts)?

Problems sending a text

Hope this helps.

Edit: my post crossed with your second post. You shouldn't really post personal details such as phone number and email address in a public forum. You should log a support request if you want a reply from 48 support about this:

How to get help

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

felixulamen2004_
Newcomer

My sms function is not working. I tried to send 2 sms today to different Vodafone numbers but failed. Can you find out what the problem is & text/email me on *****@yahoo.com

Thank you

Edit / personal details removed. -Marion

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did it ever work?

Can you receive texts?

Does sending fail to all numbers or just some?

Do you have text allowances left on your membership?

Is your SMSC correctly configured (it is if you can receive texts)?

Problems sending a text

Hope this helps.

Edit: my post crossed with your second post. You shouldn't really post personal details such as phone number and email address in a public forum. You should log a support request if you want a reply from 48 support about this:

How to get help

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MatthiasJ2570
Newcomer

Today I received and activated my SIM Card. (Your order is on the way came on Tuesday)
Internet ist working. SMS does not.
Do we have to wait for a couple of hours until SMS works, or reboot the mobile device?

It should just work - you shouldn't have to wait. 

Check that your SMSC number is configured correctly: 

Is it's an iPhone maybe it's an iMessage issue? 

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

Found the answer also myself. From the FAQ for new joiners.
On receiving your 48 SIM, you first need to activate it. Once activated, you’ll only be able to receive incoming calls and texts. To make outgoing calls or texts, you’ll need to buy a plan. This is the final step of joining 48.

It is not working by design. Sounds like I also can not SMS APN to 50048.

I don't really understand. 

Yes, you need a membership plan in order to make calls and send texts. 

Did you buy one? 

Is everything working now? 

Or are you still having problems? 

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.