cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from iPhone to android

PdraigH0554
Newcomer
Hi All, so everything is working as it should on my old iPhone 6s, but when I place the SIM in my new Galaxy A52, it display an error message say “SIM not registered”. I’ve tried lots of resets of varying types and also trying to set the APN details, nothing is working. Has anyone any suggestions? I’m thinking of returning the Galaxy’s!
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is "SIM not registered" the full verbatim error message or is it something else?

Does the phone let you do a manual search for networks?

If so, can you find and connect to 48?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

PdraigH0554
Newcomer
Hi dalyer, thanks for following up on this one - it’s a strange one! So I checked again and the error message is “SIM not registered”. I can do a search for network operators manually and it returns a list with 2 48x, meteor and Vodafone. I can try to select each but it will fail to register - after selecting it display a message “registering on 48” followed by “unable to connect. Try again later”. This is the same for both of the 48s listed. I get the other message when I mess with the APN settings. The phone was purchased unlocked, how would could I confirm that? The phone will also after a few minute request a restart to register my new SIM, probably requesting two restarts. Thanks again.

PdraigH0554
Newcomer
And just one more thing - if I do a network setting reset, it will change the APN setting to Tesco mobile!!

You'll probably have to contact 48 support about this.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

You might also want to try ordering a new SIM just to see if that makes any difference.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/You-need-a-new-SIM/ta-p/8487

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.