cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership up, only 48months domain, Visa Debit useless because no access to verifying site!

padyjoe
Visitor

I've an annoying problem, happening not the first time. My membership is up but I can browse the 48months.ie domain which is a good thing because I can top up. But wait, cannot do that because before completing the purchase that stupid verified by Visa screen wants to come up which is outside domain so I get stuck there. Many of us have Visa Debit cards now, I suprised that 48months hasn't thought this through, in the top up process the browser should be allowed access that domain which requires the debit card pin. I've no other bank card, the only option now, to get internet somewhere else. Real pain in the neck!!!!

Or is the error in my system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I understand the issue.

You should contact 48 support about it to see what they say.

I don't think that the verified by VISA page can be hosted by 48 - my understanding is that it's deliberately an external/independent/secure/trusted site in order to do the verification. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

A transaction using Verified-by-Visa or SecureCode will initiate a redirection to the website of the card issuing bank to authorize the transaction. Each issuer could use any kind of authentication method (the protocol does not cover this) but typically, a password-based method is used, so to effectively buy on the Internet means using a password tied to the card. The Verified-by-Visa protocol recommends the bank's verification page to load in an inline frame session. In this way, the bank's systems can be held responsible for most security breaches. Today, with the ease of sending white-listed text messages from registered bank senders, it is easy to send a one-time password as part of an SMS text message to users' mobile phones and emails for authentication, at least during enrollment and for forgotten passwords.

Your first post mentioned "PIN" in connection with the verified by VISA page/site - that's why I clarified that this page/site does not look for the card PIN but the verified by VISA password which is separate.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14

Anon
Not applicable
I also am having this problem, what is really annoying is that it is needless. Either get rid of the extra security step or allow access to the necessary url when out of contract. As for it being a requirement of visa why is it also happening with mastercard? I have never had to deal with Verified by visa on any site originating outside of Ireland and have only come across it with 3 or 4 Irish sites. Not everyone has regular access to a shop selling 48 credit.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you doing this on the phone with no data allowance left? If so then it's a known issue and you need to use wifi or a computer to do the payment/purchase. It's the "verified by visa" page which cannot be accessed. With no data allowance only 48 pages can be accessed over the carrier data connection.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You should contact 48 support and ask them if they can do something about this:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/td-p/4038/jump-to/first-unread-message

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Also according to an earlier post...

"If you save a card on your account once, you won't be asked to verify it again and should therefore be able to complete the transaction all in one go under the free 48 access afterwards."

If that is correct then just do your first topup/payment when you have full data access or on a computer and you will go through the verified by visa or equivalent security check but thereafter you won't have to do this and payments/topups should work fully via the 48 site and so should work even when you have no data allowance left.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?