cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet suddenly stopped working

michealol
Newcomer

Hey y'all, really don't want to be bothering you at this hour! As you can see from the subject line my internet suddenly stopped working on my phone in the middle of the day. No settings were changed, no buttons accidentally pressed, just whoosh, gone.

For your information its a two month old LG nexus 4 (via google) with round 1.5 GB data left on it according to my48. I have normal reception with the little h indicated and can send texts, but the blue colour of the bars (which mean I can access the internet, I think) is gone. I rechecked all my settings according to the website and they're all fine.

I hope this is enough info to help you. Please come back to me with anything else you want or need. I hope you can fix this tonight as it is kinda necessary to me. This is also my first time on the community so this can serve doubly as my introduction post! You guys rock! (seriously)

Thanks a lot,

Micheal

12 REPLIES 12

leetko
Newcomer

I'm can only send data and don't receive any.  I need my phone for my workSmiley Frustrated

Can see my self on the map and where I'm heading but can't search for streets can't access any site on Internet etc.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hey!

This help-post is aimed at both michealol & leetko

Can you both check the APN Setting on your Handset's respectively...

This could be the problem...

If the APN settings are as they should, then it's time to contact 48 support.

Click on link below:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this help's !

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

PS

Also power off then on and check if thing's return to normal...

It's known to resolve with just this simple action!

🙂

I've restarted my phone that first thing I've tried. Cheked APN it was on 48 and cliked on reset to defaults so now it's gone Smiley Indifferent

Got my APN back. Same stuff - only green arrow.

Anon
Not applicable

Exact same thing here (iPhone 5).. These days, internet issues are happenening a more frequently than I would call acceptable..

Just tried 2G/EDGE and 3G/HSDPA there and it worked fine for me (Dublin 7) so it doesn't seem to be a general outage. Not sure why so many people seem to regularly have problems with data access (never mind configuring the thing in the first place!?!)... This stuff really should be simpler and more reliable... Man Indifferent

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi All.

I'm sorry i have little to offer beyond the FAQ's answers in relation to... Epecially as my internet on my S2 is as normal... sending/receiving.

(Edited...Trigger Happy!)

Smiley Wink

Sligo here. Yesterday evening we had no Internet at all. Today my phone only sends packets, same with sisters phone - S2 and S3 mini respectively. My friend's phone who also uses 48 says everything works just fine.
Also yesterday when I left town and I guess switched to different tower I was getting and receiving data on return no Internet again. I have no clue what might be wrong.

Anon
Not applicable

iv had no internet since last night , any one have any ideas i chacked all my settings and its fine