cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emigrating

paulmccrory
Visitor

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Canada at the end of the month and I will be getting a Canadian number over there.

What's the best advice to do with my 48 membership? If I let it lapse will I still be able to receive text? I'll be replying on my Canadian number but it's just what to do to keep it active?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You will need an active 48 membership if you want to be able to roam and receive texts.

Probably best to inform all your contacts of your new contact details when you get them and maybe keep your 48 membership active for a month or two after you move just to catch the stragglers?

Remember that even with the membership you will need cash credit on your account balance to cover the cost of sending texts, and making/receiving calls if applicable. Texts will be free to receive even when roaming.

Other call charges

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You will need an active 48 membership if you want to be able to roam and receive texts.

Probably best to inform all your contacts of your new contact details when you get them and maybe keep your 48 membership active for a month or two after you move just to catch the stragglers?

Remember that even with the membership you will need cash credit on your account balance to cover the cost of sending texts, and making/receiving calls if applicable. Texts will be free to receive even when roaming.

Other call charges

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.