cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts from 3

OrlaM2311
Newcomer

I've been in contact with 48 since May about this problem, I can't recieve calls or texts from 3. I can call them and it doesn't appear to be a problem with any other network. Discovered this when applying for a new job and recieved emails that people couldn't get in touch with me. 

Lost count of how many times i've been onto 48 through the 48 messaging service. Told it wasn't an issue, then to contact 3 myself, told that it wasn't a problem again. I've been told that my issue would be looked into and then two weeks later got in touch again (because i had not heard back from them), to be told that my issue was never raised by anyone.

Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this? At this point I just want to leave 48 and go back to 3 but i cant recieve a port code from 3 because i can't recieve texts from 3! 

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

That's very frustrating.

If you move to Three and cannot receive the number porting SMS from Three to your 48 SIM then I'm pretty sure that you can contact Three to arrange for some other security check in order to port the number.

All carriers have to have an alternative way because it's common for the SIM associated with the number being ported to be no longer active.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

OrlaM2311
Newcomer
Hey thanks for the reply! I've actually been onto 3 about it too and they said it has nothing to do with them and it seemed as though 48 were blocking numbers from moving?
Amazingly, an hour after posting this it's been fixed! If anyone else has this problem post it in the community section. As I said I have been trying to get this fixed since may.

Brutal service!

Hi @OrlaM2311 

For the benefit of others could you clarify what's been fixed?

Incoming calls from Three or porting your number from 48 to Three?

Thanks.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

OrlaM2311
Newcomer
Yeah course! I can now receive calls and texts from three. To port my number to three I had to receive a text from them which I could do beforehand. Now that I can receive texts from three I could successfully poet my number over! Hope this helps

Thanks for the clarification @OrlaM2311 .

Glad you got it sorted in the end.