cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent TSB payment problems AND problems with Gifting

ShaneM3512
Visitor

Hello - my friend and his wife both use 48, previously with taking payment via Ulster Bank.

Ulster bank has closed down in the ROI, so they moved to PTSB.

I helped him change over his billing information to PTSB.

However, now billing won't work - and his phone account is cut off.

We chatted with web support - and they assured me that all was correct with billing on 48's end. Likewise, the bank assures my friend that there's no blocking on his end.

Anyone here using Permanent TSB and can successfully pay their membership?

Per the support agents suggestion, i tried using my own account to Gift them each a months membership until we get an answer.

However, i get the same error when trying to buy a membership for him

There was a problem with your card payment. 

So he can't buy membership via PTSB, and I can't gift him from my BOI credit cart (which still works normally for me renewing my membership)

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved

Now sure if it was the obvious solution overlooked or just coincidental.

On the My48 app, logged in and pressed the Renew Membership button.

As simple as that - slapping my head in frustration that I didn't consider testing in the app as well as the website.

So if anyone has problems renewing membership after changing payment providers, first test Renewing membership in the phone app not the website on PC.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I've been using a PTSB credit card to pay for membership etc. for years without issues but I can't really offer any suggestions here because it just worked for me.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thx for the prompt answer.

When he looks at his PTSB account via their banking website, the initial 0.01c payment is listed in the pending payments tab for 8 days now - i'm guessing it might have triggered a fraud alert but the helpline assures him there's no fraud holds at all and can't tell him why the payments are being refused.

My recollection is that when I originally registered the card (on two or three different 48 accounts) and maybe also when a new card was issued, I had to go through the test payment and the verified by visa check. But once that was done all payments always worked fine. Maybe if the card is deleted from the 48 account and re-registered it might go through that process? That's all that I can suggest to be honest.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Problem solved

Now sure if it was the obvious solution overlooked or just coincidental.

On the My48 app, logged in and pressed the Renew Membership button.

As simple as that - slapping my head in frustration that I didn't consider testing in the app as well as the website.

So if anyone has problems renewing membership after changing payment providers, first test Renewing membership in the phone app not the website on PC.