cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-renewal of Membership does not work...

DenisB6311
Visitor

Hi.  I joined 48, 3-4 months ago, after having been with Three for 11+ years.  From the get-go, I have had Auto-renewal of Memberships activated, but only for the 1st month has this worked - below's a screen-grab of what I've been confronted with for the past 2 months.

Basically, I'm being told that "...something went wrong..." when it tries auto-renewing my membership, and that I must go to 48's web-site and renew it manually.  What is really infuriating about this, is that 48 will not let me access any web-site - INCLUDING 48's SITE - through the 48 sim when the Membership expires!!!  My only recourse has been to go without internet until i can log onto the 48 web-site through a public 'hotspot' at work.  Not only is this very inconvenient, there are the obvious security implications of having to login over a public internet connection.

Having spent more than a decade with Three, I know first-hand that Three will allow you to access their web-site 'to fix things' if you run out of credit, so I'm at a loss as to why 48, an offshoot of Three, will not allow the same.  To say I find this shortsighted is an understatement.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how do I go about getting 48 to fix it?  Thanks,

48's Broken Memberships.48's Broken Memberships.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Try support@48months.zendesk.com or log a support ticket.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12

I got the same issue twice. First time in March and again in June.

I had to renew manually and turn on again auto-renew.

I think the minimum thing 48 should try automatically if it gets fail after few hours.

Otherwise, we will discover it during a moment that we are unable to access the internet preventing us to perform this renew.

Fredh6195
Newcomer
Have set auto renew each time I buy membership and it tells me near the end of the membership it will renew automatically but then it says I have not renewed and have to try several times to get new membership.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Have either/both of your tried to resolve this with 48 support?
If so what did they say about it?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.