cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I activate a SIM while abroad?

ClaireM3243
Newcomer

Hello, I am just wondering if it is possible to activate a sim from abroad? I recently got a sim but I will be away for the next few months (in the EU). Do I need to be in Ireland to activate it?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Activation should be possible abroad as far as I know.

Have you tried it and had any problems? 

If you're not already abroad then why not activate it now while you're still in Ireland just in case? 

You can activate it without buying a membership plan immediately if that's what you're concerned about?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am already abroad unfortunately, I will contact the support you linked just in case.

Just try to activate it. 

It may just work. 

If it works then all's well and good.

If you hit any problems then just post here or contact 48 support at that stage.

The only problem that I can think of is if you also want to port a number from another Irish provider and don't have access to that provider's SIM/service in order to receive the porting security code text.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.