Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

booster for voice and Data

john_mc_hugh
Newcomer

Hi All,

hopefully someone can help me.

I am in a poor reception area and i want to boost my signal strenght both for voice and data

As far as I understand 48 (o2) is on both 900 mhz and 1800 mhz  for voice and 2100 mhz for 3g Data

and the 900mhz is for voice up and the 1800mhz is for voice down.

Can someone confirm this as if I am going to get a booster I will need to cover all 3 frequencies.

If I am correct has anyone got a booster to cover all 3 or got 2 boosters one for voice and another for Data.

Do they work?

I have found a few very expensive and others on Aliexpress alot cheaper any ideas?

regards

John

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You probably need to contact 48 support for advice on this:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

I've never seen anybody mention boosters here before.

I'm curious - if the reception is bad in your area then how is a booster going to help if that's subject to the same reception?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

while the reception is not too bad outside we have very thick walls, hence the quality indoors is bad. I have asked support and the frquencies are correct but no help via boosters or where to get one

OK - I get it now.

I doubt that 48 support can/will recommend a specific make/model/supplier.

I guess you just need to do some research, read reviews etc.

You might also want to check if such gear is legal in Ireland.

I thought it wasn't.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

thanks Van I have done some and I am getting different opinions some say they are (rang 3 who are the new owners of 48) and on boards.ie some say that they are illegal. I have found some on Aliexpress

For what it's worth dx.com also have some but I can't vouch for them or their legality.