cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFRESHING SIM DATA

waynefoxy
Newcomer
My phone keeps losing signal and telling me network not available I requested a new SIM received it and activated it worked fine for about 48 hrs ironically then same thing started again. This problem has persisted for about 2 weeks now. I need it resolved it is costing me business. Anyone able to offer a solution or advise please.
10 REPLIES 10

Not being funny but I dont buy that this is a samsung problem. I have had samsungs for 5+ years on the vodafone network as has my wife we both switched to 48 and this is the first time we seen the "refreshing sim data" message appear on the phone.....a llittle beyound coincidence if you ask me... samsung + vodafone = no message for 5+ years .. samsung + 48 = "refreshing sim data" on both phones pretty much immediatly.. one of which is brand new A41 samsung

Google the message - you'll find lots of reports of the same problem worldwide on Samsung phones unfortunately.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @waynefoxy?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

GerryB2110
Newcomer

I'm also having this problem. New customer, recently switched from Eir. Handset is a new Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro. I have frequent network disconnects and regular atrocious internet speeds. Whenever I reboot the phone it can take upwards of a minute to connect to the carrier

Edit : I spoke with 48 support (Pravina). My APN settings were not correct for some reason. After deleting them and setting up a new APN it seems my issue is resolved. I'd recommend contacting 48 support for assistance with your Samsung

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If it's the APN settings that are the issue here then these instructions are what you need to configure these correctly.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry, I meant this link

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

JamesC4188
Newcomer
I've had Samsung phones for 10 years and never had this problem. I switched to 48 in late 2020 and have been getting this problem persistently since. Never happened when I was with Vodafone or 3.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Maybe so, but, as I mentioned before, if you search the web you'll find many many reports of this issue worldwide from Samsung users in many different networks and, unfortunately, Samsung don't seem to offer them much in the way of support/explanation.