cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Roaming - iOS & Android user

RahimM3970
Newcomer

Hi,

I have problems with roaming within EU. Travelled twice to Poland, both times the internet not working. I've tried to

1. Reset the network
  2. restart the phone
  3. change the APN
  4. change to a different phone(android and IOS)
  5. change setting to international roaming profile
  6. replace my sim after the first trip
  7. went there with another person with 48 sim - both of us have the same problems.

Does any of you have any luck using the internet in Poland? I complained about this on my first trip, the customer support saying maybe the sim problems, so I've replaced them. This time, I've travelled with 2 sims from 48, with the same problems.

Can anyone help? I am getting frustrated with this company now.

Customer service not helpful at all to solve this problem.

Making me regret changing my sim here from Gomo while they were doing €9.99 deal. The reason I change was that it is cheaper of course but the main thing I prefer prepaid because you won’t get bad surprises!

17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did the basic network connection and calls and texts work ok while in Poland?

If so then did you check your APN settings?

Sometimes when roaming the APN field changes (to some Belgian one for some reason) and has to be manually changed back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

BlnaidA5300
Newcomer
Went to Co. Down yesterday from the south and roaming didn’t work. Any ideas?

You'll need to post a bit more info than that.

Did you get connected to any network?

Did calls and texts work?

Was it just data that didn't?

Did you try the iPhone roaming profile configuration trick?

Did you check the APN settings.

Any other error messages or diagnostic info?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

RamonC8062
Newcomer
I having the same issue, tried every combination possible of apn configuration and manual network selection, tried every over after changing the menu abroad options in the simcard, I get 3G signal and can do phone calls, but internet doesn't work

That is obviously very frustrating.

I wonder if it's only affecting (some?) iPhone users or if any Android users are also affected?

I presume that nobody has managed to get any useful advice or a fix out of 48 support?

RamonC8062
Newcomer
The problem is well known by 48 and it's not something new, you can find complaining for months, if you have problem it will affect your line, so doesn't matter if you ask for a new simcard, change your phone, switch from Android to iOS (I tried those things)... Your internet will not work... My wife has 3, just popped her simcard on my phone and network started to work on few seconds, inserted my cars on her Android phone and no network... My suggestions is if you are going abroad get yourself a card from 3, now I'm stuck outside Ireland for 20 days without internet and as I can see nothing will change anytime soon.

KatieM1097
Newcomer
My sister is having the same problem. She is currently in France and her iPhone will not connect to any network there so she has no data, texts or calls. She has tried turning off automatic network switching and selecting a network manually but it won't connect to any of them. She really needs her phone right now so this is a very bad situation.

@KatieM1097 wrote:
My sister is having the same problem. She is currently in France and her iPhone will not connect to any network there so she has no data, texts or calls. She has tried turning off automatic network switching and selecting a network manually but it won't connect to any of them. She really needs her phone right now so this is a very bad situation.

Did she try this?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862 

She just tried that and when she clicks the when abroad button, it registers the click but it doesn't bring her anywhere or do anything. She tried turning off wifi and it still doesn't do anything.