cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Roaming - iOS & Android user

RahimM3970
Newcomer

Hi,

I have problems with roaming within EU. Travelled twice to Poland, both times the internet not working. I've tried to

1. Reset the network
  2. restart the phone
  3. change the APN
  4. change to a different phone(android and IOS)
  5. change setting to international roaming profile
  6. replace my sim after the first trip
  7. went there with another person with 48 sim - both of us have the same problems.

Does any of you have any luck using the internet in Poland? I complained about this on my first trip, the customer support saying maybe the sim problems, so I've replaced them. This time, I've travelled with 2 sims from 48, with the same problems.

Can anyone help? I am getting frustrated with this company now.

Customer service not helpful at all to solve this problem.

Making me regret changing my sim here from Gomo while they were doing €9.99 deal. The reason I change was that it is cheaper of course but the main thing I prefer prepaid because you won’t get bad surprises!

17 REPLIES 17

@KatieM1097 wrote:

She just tried that and when she clicks the when abroad button, it registers the click but it doesn't bring her anywhere or do anything. She tried turning off wifi and it still doesn't do anything.

Did she read this in that link?

"If this does not work keep persevering with it and you will get connected. It might take multiple attempts but it will work for you eventually."

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

The thing is, she can't even get to the point where it tells her to do that because the 'when abroad' button just isn't working. When she clicks it, the click is registered (the button turns grey for a second) but it doesn't bring her to the network selection screen like it should. She still has absolutely no service and resetting the network settings and restarting doesn't seem to have worked.

@KatieM1097 wrote:
The thing is, she can't even get to the point where it tells her to do that because the 'when abroad' button just isn't working. When she clicks it, the click is registered (the button turns grey for a second) but it doesn't bring her to the network selection screen like it should. She still has absolutely no service and resetting the network settings and restarting doesn't seem to have worked.

I wonder if the option might work if connected to a wifi network if possible?

Otherwise all I can suggest is switching airplane on and then off and as quickly as possible after switching it off trying to get to the roaming profile option?

I don't use an iPhone so don't have any direct experience.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

SonjaE9362
Newcomer
I've had this problem for years with 48. I actually originally left the network for this reason, only came back during COVID as I figured I wouldn't be going anywhere! However I was very dismayed when I recently went up North and over to Spain to find no cellular network or data works. I've tried everything required if setting up the APN, been onto 48 several times about my data issue. They push back and claim its a handset issue that their engineers are working on... Those engineers have been on this issue for almost 4 years!

I wonder if this post might've helped?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56518

I don't know why 48 support can't seem to be of more assistance to customers when this problem arises.

Or why the issue can't just be fixed so that it doesn't arise in the first place...

SonjaE9362
Newcomer
Thanks dalyer, I did come across this on my last trawl of seeking help with roaming issues. I'm going away soon so will see if it works for my handset.. But I'm not optimistic! Yea it's very frustrating and given there's such a huge range of handsets available now I think it's a bit mad they've not even tried to rectify the issue!

ClaireM9978
Newcomer
Hello, has anyone got a solution when the when abroad doesn’t click into anything

@ClaireM9978 wrote:
Hello, has anyone got a solution when the when abroad doesn’t click into anything

Try these posts:

If they don't help then you'll need to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com