cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G on Xiaomi but not on Pixel 7

GrahamL0995
Newcomer

I switched my number yesterday after trying out the sim in a spare Xiaomi phone. 5g was available immediately. Now with the sim in my Pixel 7 there's no 5g network showing up, only LTE. Any solution?

45 REPLIES 45

Has anybody affected contacted 48 support for advice as I've suggested several times?

If so, what did they say?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I contacted support via web chat before posting here and a ticket has been opened. They haven't said a lot - certainly not anything concrete. So far they've just asked me to make sure this setting and that setting is on and to try my SIM in another phone. I tried it in a colleague's Pixel 8 Pro and only got LTE on that as well in spite of its settings being primed for 5G and him using GoMo on 5G successfully. I haven't heard anything back from 48 since reporting that back.

Dave the DON

I am having this problem and moved my SIM to the wife's Nokia and got 5g no problem. I only get 3g or lte signals from suppliers when I do manual search on the pixel 7. 😕

DaveO4704
Visitor

Look at this half-assed assessment from 48 Support:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 10.57.03.png

I can't accept that, so I replied:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 10.58.11.png

Dave the DON

Seems to be a Pixel issue. I have Pixel 8 pro and can't connect to 5g either. I've contacted Google support and they told me that 48 is not supporting Pixel phones that's why I can't connect XDddd

Your post was blank @JulieO3726 - did you mean to post something?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

That was me. I moved my mother over and I forgot I was logged into her account briefly and didn't see an option to remove the post, so I just replaced what I wrote with a dot. 😮

Dave the DON

I had drawn the same conclusion based on trying a colleague's P8 Pro and after dayler mentioned PLMN back/whitelists. It would seem that there are a plethora of support posts from folks in countries that Google does not support 5G in having the same issue. In this case, it seems Google doesn't support 48 (yet) but they do officially list Three, Eir, and Vodafone (see: https://pixel.withgoogle.com/5G/). So if I had to guess, it'll just take time, as I know for a fact that GoMo is supported, in spite of it not being officially listed (probably because like 48 it's an MVNO). Maybe if enough of us hassle Google, they'll get on it!

Dave the DON

I think GoMo may work because it uses an eir PLMN (MCC/MNC) - namely 272/03 as far as I know - that is allowed by the Pixel firmware/configuration but they don't allow the Liffey Telecom (Tesco/48) one (272/11)?