cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G on Xiaomi but not on Pixel 7

GrahamL0995
Newcomer

I switched my number yesterday after trying out the sim in a spare Xiaomi phone. 5g was available immediately. Now with the sim in my Pixel 7 there's no 5g network showing up, only LTE. Any solution?

47 REPLIES 47

StevenH0990
Newcomer

Also the same problem with a Pixel 7.    All the APN settings are correct and working fine for 4G/LTE, tried everything I can think of including a factory reset.

I wonder if it's a SIM issue. I'm a new customer but perhaps the SIM they sent out is no good? For example, if you manually select a network, you only see 3G and LTE options pop up for other networks, like Eir. I don't know if that means anything or if that's normal when you're not using an (for example) Eir SIM, so I'm just speculating.

Thanks also for confirming that a factory reset doesn't fix it. I had been considering it.

Dave the DON

Has anybody affected contacted 48 support for advice as I've suggested several times?

If so, what did they say?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I contacted support via web chat before posting here and a ticket has been opened. They haven't said a lot - certainly not anything concrete. So far they've just asked me to make sure this setting and that setting is on and to try my SIM in another phone. I tried it in a colleague's Pixel 8 Pro and only got LTE on that as well in spite of its settings being primed for 5G and him using GoMo on 5G successfully. I haven't heard anything back from 48 since reporting that back.

Dave the DON

I am having this problem and moved my SIM to the wife's Nokia and got 5g no problem. I only get 3g or lte signals from suppliers when I do manual search on the pixel 7. 😕

DaveO4704
Visitor

Look at this half-assed assessment from 48 Support:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 10.57.03.png

I can't accept that, so I replied:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 10.58.11.png

Dave the DON

Seems to be a Pixel issue. I have Pixel 8 pro and can't connect to 5g either. I've contacted Google support and they told me that 48 is not supporting Pixel phones that's why I can't connect XDddd

Your post was blank @JulieO3726 - did you mean to post something?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

That was me. I moved my mother over and I forgot I was logged into her account briefly and didn't see an option to remove the post, so I just replaced what I wrote with a dot. 😮

Dave the DON