cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not supported on iphone 6 plus

anuoluwa123
Visitor

My iphone is definitely unlocked, yet it is not working with my 48 sim card as it is not recognized as likes of 02, 3 and vodafone. It keeps saying my sim card isn't supported under the activation policy....and so on. I've tried to look for solutions online but, when I tried to sync it to my itunes it wouldn't even allow me because the phone doesn't support the sim card and it prevented itunes from reading my phone. I've tried turning it off and all but still nothing. 

I don't want to have to move network to a bigger company 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You also said that iConnect said that there may be some region lock on it preventing it from being used outside of the UK?

Why can't they tell you for sure?

How exactly did they ascertain that it's unlocked?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27

I have done both ways and still nothing , still showing sim not supported 

calf91
Newcomer
Is it possible that it's locked to another network even though it was previously working on EE? EE have no record of the phone's IMEI as being locked by them. Could there be some sort of regional lock on the phone to the UK that is preventing it being activated in Ireland? Or at least on the 48 network.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I don't really know sorry.
iPhones simply seem to be a lot of hassle generally due to the stupid way that Apple do things.
Maybe an Apple store can tell you for sure whether or not it's locked.
If it's unlocked then it should activate on 48 as long as you have some cash credit on your account to pay for the UK SMS that the activation process sends behind the scenes (25c) as part of Apple's stupid activation requirements.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I tried adding a euro to my account but that had no effect. Surely the 25c issue is gone now anyway with the new EU roaming.

I will go back to Apple again. Had a good chat with their customer support yesterday and the best solution they could offer was to try an arrange a call between themselves, EE and the phone's previous owner, in the hope of EE discovering that they were wrong and actually can unlock it after all. I'll try this but it make take a while to arrange.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
The 25c SMS has nothing to do with roaming.
The Apple activation process silently sends a UK SMS behind the scenes.
International texts cost 25c per SMS on 48.
That's why cash credit is needed on your account to activate an iPhone due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

If putting cash credit on your account, switching off and on again and waiting a while didn't help then the problem may not be activation (yet).
The original error message does suggest that the phone is locked to some network.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @calf91?

SamanthaG4943
Newcomer
Did you ever get this sorted ?

@SamanthaG4943 wrote:
Did you ever get this sorted ?

Did you try the suggestions that I posted above?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Phones/sim-card-not-supported-on-iphone-6-plus/m-p/45619/highlight/true#M...

Are you actually using an iPhone because your post is ostensibly coming from a Huawei phone?

Hope this helps.