cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not supported on iphone 6 plus

anuoluwa123
Visitor

My iphone is definitely unlocked, yet it is not working with my 48 sim card as it is not recognized as likes of 02, 3 and vodafone. It keeps saying my sim card isn't supported under the activation policy....and so on. I've tried to look for solutions online but, when I tried to sync it to my itunes it wouldn't even allow me because the phone doesn't support the sim card and it prevented itunes from reading my phone. I've tried turning it off and all but still nothing. 

I don't want to have to move network to a bigger company 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You also said that iConnect said that there may be some region lock on it preventing it from being used outside of the UK?

Why can't they tell you for sure?

How exactly did they ascertain that it's unlocked?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27

I've seen cases where Apple have given customers bogus info.

That may be the case here.

The error message that you're getting suggests that the phone may still be locked to another network.

The message even says that.

Only Apple or the network to which the phone is locked (if applicable) can help here if activation is not happening even with cash credit on your 48 account.

Another possibility would be to try another SIM from anoher network (not Three) and see if it works.

If it does then the phone is probably unlocked after all.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

You also said that iConnect said that there may be some region lock on it preventing it from being used outside of the UK?

Why can't they tell you for sure?

How exactly did they ascertain that it's unlocked?

Oh no I said my brother suggested the regional lock, because I told him what was up with my phone and he suggested that

The guy took my phone and checked their system and he said that it is unlocked 

You should ask iConnect how to get it working on 48 so as it's not something that 48 control.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

Did you contact iConnect or Apple again to get them to explain what the problem is?

Hi, did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue on an iPhone 5 now. It was previously with a UK network (EE), is unlocked now but is giving that 'SIM Not Supported' message and I can't activate the phone.

Sounds to me like it's still locked to another network.

Are you absolutely sure that it's unlocked?

How did you get it unlocked?

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @calf91?

Alright thank you so much ! God bless