cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not supported on iphone 6 plus

anuoluwa123
Visitor

My iphone is definitely unlocked, yet it is not working with my 48 sim card as it is not recognized as likes of 02, 3 and vodafone. It keeps saying my sim card isn't supported under the activation policy....and so on. I've tried to look for solutions online but, when I tried to sync it to my itunes it wouldn't even allow me because the phone doesn't support the sim card and it prevented itunes from reading my phone. I've tried turning it off and all but still nothing. 

I don't want to have to move network to a bigger company 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You also said that iConnect said that there may be some region lock on it preventing it from being used outside of the UK?

Why can't they tell you for sure?

How exactly did they ascertain that it's unlocked?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Probably the stupid iPhone activation process that Apple insist on using and which causes problems for many people.

Try putting a small amount of cash credit on your account and then power off and on again then wait a bit or sync with iTunes again and see if that helps.

The activation process sends a UK SMS silently and this costs 25c as it's an international text.

As I say this stupid, confusing and annoying process is Apple's doing and not 48's.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I tried my 6 plus with my friends sim card who is with 3 and it worked perfectly, but it doesn't work with my 48 sim card. My brother thinks that although it is unlocked (because I went to Iconnect and they told me personally that it is unlocked ) that there might be a regional lock on it, because my sister sent it from england to me and she was using and had no problem with it. 

I just think it's unfair as once you unlock a phone it should be able to take any simcard. My brother said that it's a way for Apple to get you to buy a new phone in the new country you're at.

Could this be the case ? 

You don't seem to be sure whether or not it's locked to Three.

If it is locked to any network at all then it needs to be unlocked to work on 48.

Assuming that it is unlocked for use on any network did you try the tip that I posted about adding some cash credit and seeing if it eventually activates?

I wouldn't put it past Apple to have that sort of strategy.

They seem to make it as difficult as possible to use iPhones on new networks, when roaming, when using iMessage/FaceTime etc.

Hope this helps.

No It is definitely unlocked, I said I went to Iconnect which is the apple store and they told me just yesterday that the phone is unlocked.

Yes I tried both ways, I replied earlier. But it is still not working 😞 (yes I put credit on my phone ) 

once my membership plan is over I'll just switch network I guess. 

What is the exact mesasge that you get when the 48 SIM is in the phone?

In big handwriting 'SIM NOT SUPPORTED' 

Then beneath that: 

The sim card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by yourcarrie. Please contact Apple for more information. 

I did contact Apple, and they told me they don't know why it keeps showing that as the PHONE IS UNLOCKED. They told me to sync it to itunes but that didn't help.

You should ask Apple what the message means - in particular

"The sim card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server."

What do they mean by "activation policy assigned by the activation server"?

What "activation server"?

Ask them how you are supposed to activate the phone on a new network?

Normally this happens automatically (possibly after some delay) and on 48 it normally works once you have some cash credit on your account to pay for the UK SMS (25c) that the process eventually sends (silently).

This makes no sense since no phone is ever locked to 48:

"request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier"

But it does suggest that in spite of what they're saying the phone could stll be locked to a previous network.

Unfortunately this is trpical of Apple and the complicated way that they manage iPhones on certain networks.

So basically I have to go back to Apple and ask why it is still locked even when their system says it is unlocked ?