cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Network Unlock Code

bronaghguinan
Newcomer
I entered my pin 1 that came on the card with my sim and it said it was successful but suddenly a page popped up that asked for a Sim Network Unlock Code. I dont know what network my phone is locked ti because i won my phone and a friend unlocked it so i could put a vodafone sim in. I did not realise it was locked so i ported my number to 48. I dont know what to do know cause i have no idea what network my phone was locked to and when i tried to unlock my phone on the vodafone site they have no option to unlock a sony experia z . What do i do now?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need an unlocked phone on 48.

Sounds like your phone is still locked to another network.

You need to get it unlocked (properly this time) or get another unlocked phone.

Most phones can be unlocked "unofficially" either by buying an unlock code online (from a reputable unlock code provider) or in a phone shop.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need an unlocked phone on 48.

Sounds like your phone is still locked to another network.

You need to get it unlocked (properly this time) or get another unlocked phone.

Most phones can be unlocked "unofficially" either by buying an unlock code online (from a reputable unlock code provider) or in a phone shop.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?

@dalyer wrote:
Did that help at all?

Yes it did thank you very much

Glad you got it sorted.

What was the problem?
Was the phone simply locked and needed to be unlocked?