cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM showing "no service"

MengN9625
Newcomer

Hi,my sim card shows no service, I try to shut down and restart but it doesn't work. What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5

RichardF1933
Newcomer
Same. No sim showing. No chat available for support either.

What exactly do you mean by "no SIM showing"?

What is the exact behaviour and any error messages? 

Same questions/comments as already posted here also apply. 

See the links in my signature below for all of the different ways to contact 48 support.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll need to post a bit more information than that if you want assistance from the Community Forum.

When was it working ok last? 

Did anything change since then - e.g. settings changes, phone software update, factory reset etc.?

When did you last buy a membership plan? 

If you reseat the SIM in the phone does it make any difference? 

If you do a manual search for networks can you see and connect to 48?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Last working 2 days ago. Plan auto-renewed as usual. No bars now. Mobile settings on iPhone say “NO SIM.”

Why iOS update, factory reset etc.?

Sounds like the iPhone isn't recognising the SIM for some reason. 

Maybe some change on the phone means that it needs to go through the iPhone activation process again for some reason? 

That needs cash credit on the account so the the SMS message to a UK activation server can get sent silently. 

If that's not the issue then I'd probably try a replacement SIM in case the current one is faulty. 

As before, if you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.