cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hotspot option - Samsung Galaxy S22

sarahw5118
Visitor

I got a Samsung galaxy s22 and there is no option whatsoever for hotspot. No reference in any settings, only wifi tethering. Samsung won't help does anyone know what's wrong or is there an app I can download to share my hotspot ?

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean in Settings there's only "Tethering" and not "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering"?

That's very odd...

Maybe try a factory reset? 

And/or a software update if there's a newer version of the phone software available? 

Is your 48 SIM and all services working ok?

Calls, texts and data? 

Are you getting 4G/LTE or 5G?

Are you sure that your APN settings are configured correctly?

Text "APN" to t0048 and follow the instructions to make sure that they are: 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hey

Yeah that's exactly it, my settings only says tethering. Everything else with my sim works fine just this. If I could even download an external app to do this I would be happy as I need it for work.

I'll try that thank you so much

A few other suggestions. 

If you know anybody else on 48 maybe try their SIM in your phone temporarily and see if the option appears in that case. 

Ditto with a SIM from another provider.

Maybe try a replacement SIM in case there's some issue with your existing 48 SIM that's causing this to happen. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Maybe try booting the phone into safe mode and see if the hotspot option appears in Settings in that case? 

Thanks

I found an app that allows me to use it so I'm happy to do that if its easier

What is the name of the app in case it helps others?

It's just called "wifi hotspot" on playstore

Can't see it on Play Store but doesn't the name suggest that it's for sharing the phone's WiFi connection via a hotspot rather than the phone's mobile data connection? Or can it do both?

Sorry my mistake! Its called "wifi hotspot-portable wifi" I've tested the hotspot on my laptop and seems to work fine