Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: No SMPP Connection with 48

Visitor
Wednesday

Hi Dalyer,

Great find.

I can confirm from 48 customer service the following:

"Thank you for your patience, If the bank in question use an SMPP connection to send Texts to their customers, then these would not work for 48Months subs as 48 has no agreement with any SMPP providers. Same was informed to you yesterday by the agent and in near future if we support SMPP then it would be mentioned on the website as well. As we have forwarded this as the feedback to the relevant team"

Thus I see this as an issues that lies with 48 and also the lack of up front commication of this before joining. The boards.ie thread you find does highlight some interesting grounds...see below:

"The grounds for complaint to ComReg remain the same - VM are providing a restricted SMS service without disclosing that fact up front, and by only peering with a single favoured SMS aggregator they are fragmenting the A2P SMS market and may be violating net neutrality regulations. All these practices harm consumers and ComReg should intervene and enforce adherence to existing consumer and telecommunications law. Many banks are now using A2P SMS messages for fraud detection - any suspicious transaction (e.g. an online purchase with a new/unknown merchant) results in an SMS message being sent which must be positively confirmed within a certain time period to allow the transaction to go through. If these SMS messages are dropped, then the transaction will fail, and this may cause great inconvenience to a customer. Customers have a reasonable expectation that SMS messages from Ireland's largest banks will be delivered and not dropped - thus the harm is significant and a remedy should be quickly imposed."

In summary, I could not be arsed go through hoops and have resigned that 48 will likely not take on my feedback nor upgrade it's service to include the SMPP any time soon. As I find everything else with 48 good I will stick with them for the short term and move to another provider in the future as I just can't be bother wating days for a code to be posted from BOI to me.

First world problems but life goes on!

Cheers for the chats!

Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
Wednesday

I guess that all the providers that I use that send password/PIN texts are not using SMPP so?

Strange though given that that boards thread suggests that PTSB are or were and I have no problem getting their texts.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
Thursday

I have the same problem. I ban with PTSB. 

Can't find anywhere on the 48 website where I can talk with somebody.

Looks like I will have to change provider.

0 Likes
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
Thursday

I bank with PTSB and get their texts no problem!

Just to double check I logged into my account just now and went to the eStatements area and got the text allowing me to access statements.

So there's no fundamental problem with such texts from PTSB and you should not have to move from 48 on account of this.

You should contact 48 support in case there is some specific issue with your account that is causing such texts to fail to arrive.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
Thursday

What is the difference between SMMP and SMS?

I think I am in a similar situation where I have to enter a code into my VPN and my work then sends me a code via SMS to login once I put my details in. This is always from a UK number and ever since I moved to 48 it can be fine one day and then the next no messages come through, and sometimes loads come through at once because I've inputted my details about 10 times in frustration but they are hours late.

Chatted to 48 and they are going to look into it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
Thursday
1 Like
Highlighted

Newcomer
Thursday

Is SMPP a text that disappears after a certain amount of time?

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
Thursday

I don't think so but the links that I posted should explain.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community