cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve number associated with old sim

AndrewK2423
Newcomer

I last used my sim in 2018 when it had to be reactivated.  Since then I've lived in England using a UK number but now that I've moved back to Ireland I understand that the sim is no longer active, in fact I had to re-register my email address with 48 and create a new account.   I spoke to one of the agents on chat and he told me they had no record of my phone number.  I've ordered a new sim but I'm especially anxious to reclaim my old Irish mobile number.  Would appreciate any and all help

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You won't be able to do that.

That number will most likely have been recycled/reused for another SIM at this stage.

When you haven't bought membership for 12 months the account is deleted and the number gets reused.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you for explaining it to me.  Just as a matter of interest if the number isn't currently in use on another sim is it possible to request it on a new sim?

I doubt it but you'd have to ask 48 support.

But if neither they nor you (?) know what it was in the first place then it seems like a lost cause?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.