cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep the phone number in a cheapest way

XiuzhuoW6519
Newcomer
Now I’ve left Ireland, but I want to keep the phone number for receiving messages and using whatsapp, I’ve cancelled the monthly plan, can I manually top up my phone? And how?
2 REPLIES 2

XiuzhuoW6519
Newcomer
Now I’ve left Ireland, but I want to keep the phone number for receiving messages and using whatsapp, I’ve cancelled the monthly plan, can I manually top up my phone? And how?

Yes you can buy membership manually via your My48 account:

If you're abroad and want to keep using your Irish 48 mobile number then you'll need to keep buying membership in order to use roaming services e.g. in order to be able to receive text messages. This is assuming that you'll be in a country/region in which 48 provide roaming services. 

If you just want to keep the number active until you return to Ireland then if you buy a membership plan at least every 6 months then your number/account should not get deactivated. If you don't buy membership for 6 months then it will get deactivated.

8.1 You can end your agreement with us at any stage by not using the 48 Services and choosing not to top up your Account at any stage over a 6 month period

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.