cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends can’t phone my number except through WhatsAApp

anthonyc3021
Newcomer
Friends get a voice message “this number cannot be reached”. Fine on WhatsApp call
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you call out?

Do you have an active membership?

Can you call them?

Can they send you texts?

Can you send texts to them?

You may need to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Not on network-new phone?

Your post isn't very clear.

I'm assuming that you were on 48 with another phone but have switched to a new phone but can't get a network connection?

If that's not the case then please clarify what your problem is in as much detail as you can.

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

If you do a manual scan for networks can you see and connect to 48?

Are you getting any error messages?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi, I'm not the OP, but I have the same issue, but only found out about it in mid November when a courier was very annoyed to have been given the 'wrong number' but looking at the docket it was correct.  I joined 48 in September.

My brother, on Three, then said he also couldn't call or text me, which is why he now contacts me solely via WhatsApp.

I can phone my brother using the regular phone app (Pixel 4a running Android 12).

He gets 'this number is invalid' if he tries to call me.

I can't send him a text message.

He can't send me a text message.

I also don't recieve 2fa text messages (eg BoI), or other validation texts.

I have not blocked any numbers.

I have restarted my phone multiple times.  Also, regularly turn on Airplane mode.

I've reported it to 48 via chat with a live agent three times since mid November, and it is being 'investigated'.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Or an idea what I can do to escalate this?

@CharlotteH5356 wrote:

I've reported it to 48 via chat with a live agent three times since mid November, and it is being 'investigated'.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Or an idea what I can do to escalate this?

Maybe make a formal complaint?

https://48.ie/legal/code-of-practice

Will do.