cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim

Anon
Not applicable

hi  im nicolae.  i have ipad air and i can use the new sim just for internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This has always been unclear to me.

The terms and conditions say this:

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

"Our internet options are available for use with your 48 SIM Card in your 48 handset only. Except where expressly stated, tethering or use of the 48 handset as, or the sim in conjunction with, a modem is not allowed and may be disabled."

This suggests that the SIM may only be used in a phone and not in a tablet but it's not clear.

And in the past 48 support reps have said that tethering or use of the SIM in a non phone device is OK as long as you don't breach the data fair usage cap (where applicable - e.g. Don membership).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

Anon
Not applicable

I dont see why not. The 48 price plan terms say: "Internet use is subject to our fair use policy and is designed for use with your 48 SIM Card in your 48 handset only." The iPad is acting as the handset so I would assume it is in the rules. Could someone confirm this assumption?

This has always been unclear to me.

The terms and conditions say this:

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

"Our internet options are available for use with your 48 SIM Card in your 48 handset only. Except where expressly stated, tethering or use of the 48 handset as, or the sim in conjunction with, a modem is not allowed and may be disabled."

This suggests that the SIM may only be used in a phone and not in a tablet but it's not clear.

And in the past 48 support reps have said that tethering or use of the SIM in a non phone device is OK as long as you don't breach the data fair usage cap (where applicable - e.g. Don membership).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.