cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settings interne 4 nokia lumia 920

pixie369
Visitor
Hi can anybody help me .I just put my sim card back in after using it in my husbands phone.But says I need new settings or something .My phone is not listed in list of phones.Its a Nokia Lumia 920 .Be grateful if anyone knows? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Whenever the SIM is (re)inserted into a phone you get that message but it's meaningless - it says that it could not send the settings to your phone but it doesn't actually try to and it doesn't necessarily mean that your settings are wrong.

If the phone was used on 48 before, the APN/internet settings were correct so that internet access and MMS worked and nothing has changed on the phone then there should be no need to reconfigure anything.

Before changing anything check if your settings are OK or just try internet access over the carrier data connection (not wifi) and if it works then you don't need to do anything.

If you do need to (re)configure the settings then see here:

Internet Settings

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

pixie369
Visitor
Thankyou so much Dalyer😊!!

So is internet access over the carrier data connection (not wifi) working OK for you?

That text on (re)inserting the SIM and rebooting is annoying and confusing.
I wish that they'd eliminate it.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.