cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming data

becca97
Newcomer

i can txt and ring people but every time i go to send a message something comes up about my roaming data! what do i do?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is the exact message?

What sort of phone (make and model)?

What sort of message - SMS, MMS, iMessage, Whatsapp etc.?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

the message says "the SIM card you are about to use is roaming. do you want to continue?" n i just press "yes". my phone is zigo its from America. but when i was with vodafone that sim worked! is there any thing i can do or that you can do?

The message is because 48 is a virtual network operating on the O2 physical network (same as Tesco, Lycamobile etc.). The phone thinks that it's not on the "home" network (even though it is) and warns you in case data roaming will cost you money. The message is innocuous (i.e. no additional cost to you) but if it annoys you then there is probably a setting to "enable data roaming" (or sometimes "enable national data roaming") permanenently so that it doesn't keep popping up. Have a look in your phone settings to see what's available.

Hope this hepls.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.