cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phones sim is not provisioned yet is not looking for a unlocking code

karas
Newcomer

Does this mean my phone needs to be unlocked. It suposely was wen I bought a vodafone mobile andw switched to 02, I have a samsung xperia and have applied for the unlock code. My accout wont let me access the move number page and now it says on my account is deactivated and I need to register a new sim. what do I do??

9 REPLIES 9

1amcn
Rock Star

Click move number Guide below:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/How-do-I-keep-my-old-number/m-p/18#U18

Hi

Seems to be a few thing's going on there...

'Sim not provisioned' that usually means the sim needs registered...so did you register the 48 sim?

Either way, your accounts deactivated so all that's required to start the process again, order a new 48 sim...register it etc, then prceed to move your number after.

That's the only way...

🙂

Is it an iPhone by any chance?

Even when unlocked for use on any network these still require another step syncing with iTunes, sending a UK SMS (which requires at least 25c credit on your account) etc. in order for Apple to activate them on certain carriers (some or all virtual networks such as 48).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

No, its not an iphone. its a samsung xperia

Hi again...

(Different makes/model of handset's have their own niggles...Smiley Happy)

In your case... As initially suggested, Since your account was deactivated, you can choose to start afresh - all that will be changed is the fact you have a new account, support can then see to your sim card and pair it with your account... Or switch your current number on to account if you wished to port over (keep your number) to 48 initially.

However, I would suggest You query with support why your account ended up deactivated... Which is odd... Unless the account was inactive for a length of time...

http://www.48months.ie/help 

Did you have any recent Software updates? I'm a Samsung S2 owner myself, but they are known to be unpredictable when unlocked and after updating...especially if unofficially unlocked originally - they can re-lock again...it's happened to a few people who posted on the forum.

Smiley Happy

PS...

Is the 02 sim working in the Samsung still? Can you give it a try?

Smiley Happy

sorry, my mistake I said samsung I meant sony, wasnt thinking. I have a sony experia. Yes i tried that and it works, I still have service with 02, that most mean the transfer never went through??

Ah, I did wonder about the xperia part... Didn't recall that model with Samsung...;-) 

Had you contacted 48 Support On the deactivation issue...?

Once you loose 02 signal completely the number has ported.

Do not remove your sim before that has occurred!

So is everything on course again?

🙂 

yes, I contacted them. ok I wont. think so.

That's good news...

Just to warn you though...

*** Please note: Number transfer hours are 8am to 6pm Mon to Fri, 10am to 4pm Sat and Sun ***

Smiley Happy