WINDOWS 7 PHONES

[ Edited ]
Crew (retired)
‎01-05-2013 05:15 PM

WINDOWS 7 PHONES

If the settings are not working for you post a reply and we'll find a solution.

How to change the settings

Go to Settings > Mobile Network > Add APN

Settings for Windows 7 devices

INTERNET

Connection Name: 48 Internet

Access Point Name: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Server Address: leave blank

Port: leave blank

Login Username: leave blank

Login Password: leave blank

Authentication Type: PAP

Test it and if it’s not working then turn on “data roaming” within the settings of your phone.

MMS/Picture Messaging

All we have to do now is get the correct settings for picture messaging into your phone now.

Now this looks a bit more complicated than on any Android or iPhone device but we will give it a go.

The procedure to set this up is as follows:

1) Type ##634# on your keypad

2) This opens the MFG password prompt. Enter 277634#*#.

3) Select 7, Engineering Menu

4) Select 6, Other Setting followed by Set Network Profiles . .....(please wait a few seconds...reading data) will show on the screen..Then it will display the list of all possible carriers for your handset.

5) Select the 'network' you require. This will be _PROV_TSC_IE_272_11_ENG.xml

6) Click back button once

7) Select Set ADC

8) Ensure its set to enable

9) Shut down the device. Remove the battery and SIM card, replace just the battery and then restart without the SIM inserted.

10) Once the device is on, shut down, replace the SIM, and start as normal

Once all this has been completed, attempt to send a MMS message, and it should complete.

If this fails to resolve your issue, or you have any further questions, just let us know.

Step-by-step picture process

Click on "more info" below to view pictures. 

More info

Windows7_Step 1.png

Swipe to the right to access menu

Windows7_Step 2.pngTap settings

Windows7_Step 3.pngTap "mobile network"

Windows7_Step 4.pngAt the bottom of the screen tap "add apn"

Windows7_Step 5.pngEnter the following settings:

Connection Name: 48 Internet

Access Point Name: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Server Address: leave blank

Port: leave blank

Login Username: leave blank

Login Password: leave blank

Authentication Type: PAP

Test it and if it’s not working then turn on “data roaming” within the settings of your phone.

0 Likes

Re: WINDOWS 7 PHONES

Anon
‎31-05-2013 07:08 PM

Sorry but the mms/picture message settings do not work on my nokia lumia 800 , when I try the first step entering ##634# on the dialler it does not open the 'MFG password prompt' , instead it opens nokia diagnostics. 

0 Likes

Anon
‎01-06-2013 10:58 PM

how did you do the internet setting in your nokia lumnia 800 ??? mine isnt working

0 Likes

The Legend
‎02-06-2013 01:44 PM

@tidi4 wrote:

how did you do the internet setting in your nokia lumnia 800 ??? mine isnt working

Any use?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/1596#M531

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/1598#M532

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Anon
‎10-06-2013 02:09 PM
How do I switch it on, on my nokia lumia 800 i got a txt message saying: " Having problems accessing the internet with 48? Find out how to turn it on here http://48go.co/nquer-internet. 48 Go Conquer. To opt-out reply STOP " but when I click it ot doesnt work and says that the website is invalid or something like that. I bought the guido and i still have no internet and its been nearly 2 weeks
Posted from Nokia Lumia 800
0 Likes

The Legend
‎10-06-2013 02:39 PM

You need to configure your settings as explained above and then internet access will work.

If you follow the instructions above and it still doesn't work then log a support request asking 48 for assistance.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Anon
‎12-06-2013 03:52 PM
Hi I need help I have tried everything but still no internet coming true can some one help me ple,z
Posted from Nokia Lumia 800
0 Likes

The Legend
‎12-06-2013 04:02 PM

You'll probably need to log a support request to get 48 to help you as I suggested above.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Anon
‎19-06-2013 12:01 PM

More info
hey

hey reception from 48 is on my phone now but im confused on wat to do now it wont let me top up keeps saying their an error??? can anyone pls help tanx...Woman Tongue

0 Likes

The Legend
‎19-06-2013 12:03 PM

@tiadunne wrote:

More info
hey

hey reception from 48 is on my phone now but im confused on wat to do now it wont let me top up keeps saying their an error??? can anyone pls help tanx...Woman Tongue

Are you having the same problem as this poster perhaps?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Re-Error-Message-whenever-I-try-to-renew-my-membership/m-p...

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community