Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail problems - keypresses don't register, mailbox full etc

thesoupthief
Visitor

Hi,

Setting up voicemail was annoying, but I did that ages back

I've always had a problem getting round the voicemail menu system though

After I make the first selection the system doesn't respond to any more keypresses, so it plays me a message, then gives me options to move to the next message / save / delete / etc.  There's me, frantically pressing 7 to delete the message and the really annoying American voice just craps on giving options and telling me to make a selection.

My mail box is now full and I can't delete any messages to empty it.

My phone is a Google Nexus 4, touchscreen works fine in every other way, so it's not hardware or phone software.

Any suggestions?

Anyone else able to use voicemail without this problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hiya

Strangest thing happened.

I logged a problem with the support team, they said they had no control over it - that the voicemail trash system purges itself automagically.  I checked again to confirm that mine wasn' t doing this and again found that this hadn't happened.  When I checked it the next day it was all empty!

Thanks for the extra tip - will try this if it happens again

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

thesoupthief
Visitor

Ok - so I'm maybe a bit of an idiot.  The problem seems to have been with a dodgy mobile signal.

Away from home where I've got more signal bars the mailbox is now registering keypresses and deleting messages as I'm asking it to, sending them to my trash folder (when really I want them deleted). 

Now there's 51 messages in my trash folder though - I'm getting a message saying voicemail's full so I can't get any more messages.

Can't find a way of deleting these trash messages - they're just clogging up and blocking my voicemail

Anyone got any suggestions?

Does trash not get purged automatically - either on a scheduled basis or maybe when you terminate the voicemail call and call again? I don't think that there's any way for the user to purge trash but I may be wrong..

Dialer pad presses not registering because the signal strength is low sounds very odd. Are you sure that was the cause of the earlier problem?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hiya dialyer 

Thanks for the response - the website says trashfolders are emptied every 30 days but just from listening to a few of the 51 in mine, they go back ages! I just checked it again and they're all still there - it didn't empty when I rang off from voicemail 

I agree - it is bit messed up that I couldn't get the controls to register with a weak signal, but that problem happens whenever I ring voicemail from home - not from other places - the only sense i can make of it is the crappy signal

As it stands I've still got no voicemail service - any point emailing anyone at 48? 

Do they read these boards?

You should probably log a support request so:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Word is that one way to purge the trash folder is to disable voicemail and then reenable it.

Disable voicemail by diallng 172, then reenable by dialling 171. 

Hope this helps.

Hiya

Strangest thing happened.

I logged a problem with the support team, they said they had no control over it - that the voicemail trash system purges itself automagically.  I checked again to confirm that mine wasn' t doing this and again found that this hadn't happened.  When I checked it the next day it was all empty!

Thanks for the extra tip - will try this if it happens again