cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned spsinnow stopped working

turkey1969
Visitor
My cousin asked me to post on his behalf. He just came back from a week in Spsin and since returning to Ireland his sim stopped working
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I presume he's using an iPhone?

Yet again they cause problems when going abroad or returning... 😐

Ask him to try switching off and on again.

If that doesn't help then try manually scanning for networks and manually connecting to 48.

If that doesn't work then I think that there's another tip somewhere about deactivating the roaming profile or something like that but I can't remember the details or find the post.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks, we will try this 🙂

turkey1969
Visitor
Still not working.

We put the sim into another iPhone that works off another 48 sim and it wouldn't work in the other phone either.

The his seems to subject to me the sim itself is faulty?

turkey1969
Visitor
Sorry re predictive text. Suspect not subject

I'm not so sure that the SIM is faulty.

Unfortunately iPhones seem to cause a LOT of problems like this - e.g. when trying to get up and running on a virtual operator like 48, getting it working while roaming, getting it working when you return etc.

Best bet might be to ask 48 support for advice:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did you ever get this sorted?

turkey1969
Visitor
Yes he got it sorted.

He got a replacement sim and that sorted it

Glad to hear it.

Although I don't understand why that happened and a replacement SIM was necessary.

Oh well...

turkey1969
Visitor
I don't understand either, I'll talk to him later today and try find out what happened exactly