cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement sim and additional sim

mohmo
Newcomer

Hi,

I have ordered a new sim to be used as a replacement sim, I understand that you need to submit a request to get the new sim activated. my question, is it possible to use the new sim as an additional sim (spare sim). if so will both of them work at the same time. ie recieve calls, texts etc...

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

As far as I know only one SIM can ever be active on a single account/number/membership so I don't think that you can keep one as a spare/backup SIM never mind trying to use both at the same time (e.g. in different handsets). When the new SIM is activated on your account/number/membership then I believe that the other one is disabled and is of no use (unless it was subsequently reenabled on another account/number/membership). But double check with 48 support in case I am wrong.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

As far as I know only one SIM can ever be active on a single account/number/membership so I don't think that you can keep one as a spare/backup SIM never mind trying to use both at the same time (e.g. in different handsets). When the new SIM is activated on your account/number/membership then I believe that the other one is disabled and is of no use (unless it was subsequently reenabled on another account/number/membership). But double check with 48 support in case I am wrong.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.