cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem moving my number

Anon
Not applicable
I got a new phone for Christmas, I was with 48 with my previous phone, I registered my new sim but it says "No Service" since I've had it. Also when I log into my 48 on the web it tells me there has been an "issue" and that my account has been deactivated, any help would be much appreciated.
17 REPLIES 17

Anon
Not applicable

Oh this is mad.

I had a reply  and it told me to click on a link to re register the sim. Once again i did that and it would not accept the old number only the new one that came with the new sim. To make matters worse my Da bought me €10 credit to see if that would kick start the sim and the credit is not showing up!

When i try and port over the old number i get a failure message stating the old number is already in use. yet the only number working on the bloody phone and sim now is the new number that ii'd rather not use.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Believe it or not... thats easily worked with!

Do you have access to you my 48 page - what number are you listed under? If it says the old one you want to keep...disregard what you see as the 'New' number.

You get a 'new number' sim when you start with 48, or if you need a different sized sim, or if you need to replace a lost sim-if the one is regestered, & your old number is listed as yours on my 48, thats 100%!

Check my 48 now, look for your credit in your balance, & the number listed!

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Just to clarify... is the phone making/recieving calls/texts?
What number appears on the recipicants phone?

If it is operational... outwardly - your credit must have went through...

🙂

Anon
Not applicable
The new sim is now receiving calls if you dial the new number (which I never wanted) 😞

If you try and make a call a 48 voice message says ""sorry this is one number you are not allowed to call"

1amcn
Rock Star

Right

Half the battle won... next log a ticket to support to switch the number over to your origional number you want to keep... Also, you can tell them about your €10 credit...all will sorted 😉

Your nearly there... even though it went along the bendy road!

Log a ticket using my link below -

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Post back when your fixed?

🙂

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks I did as you advised now another waiting game 😞

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks so much it is sorted today 🙂

1amcn
Rock Star