cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem moving my number - Request #343052

Anon
Not applicable
I wanted to move from Tesco Mobile. I got my 48 sim. I requested the transfer at 11am on Friday. The transfer still has not happened. 😞

I raised a request (#343052) with priority of Normal wanting to know what was happening. The last response was Saturday evening from 48. Nothing since then.

48 say transfers should take less than two hours. This transfer is nearly one hundred hours. What can I do?

Caroline
4 REPLIES 4

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi Caroline

Usually the hold up can be down to the most simple reason like an error with the data requested on the form before the Transfer.

However, it took 4 days when i switched from 02 to 48 - i had been on prepay & Direct Debit payment.

There is a theory that the switch only takes longer due to an error in processing or if you are prepay with the company you switch from - wich in some cases, can be the case-(not in a DD prepay sense though as it was not the hold up with me)

I had been with 02 for ages & they worked hard to keep my custom - they held back the transfer.

Tranfer hours are the same for all Network providers...but maybe they change/Alter slightly over the holiday period...(?)

Log a NEW ticket on yhe subject and ask what is actually holding up your switchover. explain you need your phone and its taking too long.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Post me back and fill us in what the hold up was!

🙂

Anon
Not applicable
I'll be delighted to tell you what the holdup was, that is if 48 ever get back to me.

Anon
Not applicable
I had a bright idea. Rang Tesco Mobile and spoke to someone to find out what was going on. They said that they had had no requests to transfer my number. Told 48 what Tesco had said.

Within 30 minutes, 48 replied saying that was very strange. And that my number was now transferred.

If someone is switching to 48, I would recommend checking with the current provider to make sure 48 have made attempts to transfer.

Regards
Caroline

1amcn
Rock Star

Good idea! i will sure tell all those with transfer delays to do as you have done...

🙂