cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous internet usage gone from new allowance

padyjoe
Visitor
My old subscription was coming end, so I made sure to have the new one bought. Some data allowance left on the old one, so I decided to use it up. I had started my download at 11pm then continued until 12:03am, thinking most of the data would be down till' 11:59pm when the previous sub expires and only small amount goes from the new allowance(I thought the counter resets at this time, no need to disconnect and reconnect). I went to sleep without checking anything. In the morning I logged in to my account to see how much I 'slipped' into my new allowance, big surprise: the whole 1Gb gone out of it(within timeframe 11:00pm-12:03am), not like split, i.e. 11:00-11:59pm, 950Mb goes from old one, and the remaining goes from new one between 11:59.01pm-12:03.00.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you sure that you're not a day out and have used up your current membership allowance with your new membership due to kick in TONIGHT at midnight? What exactly does your online account say about your membership (current and next if applicable) and expiry date etc.?

If that's not the issue then you may need to contact 48 support for assistance.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

padyjoe
Visitor

Expiry dates were like this: 4/10/13, then there was a network outage in October, given extra 48 hours, then I bought membership on 6/11/13, which expired on 6/12/13. The new membership valid until 6/1/14. What I don't understand is I started a 1.2Gb download at 23:08 on 6/12/13 and finished at 00:03 on 7/12/13. The new membership, when I checked it, had only 13.8 Gb allowance which equals to downloaded amount. Let's say if my membership had been up on 6/12 how I was able to use the internet and my account still showing me 1.3 Gb remaining usage around 11pm? 

Or the big question is: if I buy a new membership on the expiry date that doesn't start from 00:00am next day? Does it start immediately from the time purchased regardless your old one ending at 23:59?

And the last thing I can think of the counter in my account is not really up to date but even assuming that being out by 1.3 gig is too much of a threshold.

Sounds odd. You should ask 48 support about it:

How to get help

If you buy a membership then it will start when the current one (and any other queued memberships) have run their course.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

padyjoe
Visitor

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but this problem still exists. I had memberships stacked (bought on the last day of expiry). You claim the membership expires at 11.59pm. I had my phone and data, everything turned off around 10pm. I was surprised to see on the first day of new membership my data allowance showing me only 970 Mb instead of 1024 Mb. I think the best practice would be once the old membership has expired the user should be their services stopped and letting the new one kick in on reconnection.

@padyjoe wrote:

I think the best practice would be once the old membership has expired the user should be their services stopped and letting the new one kick in on reconnection.

I don't understand your suggestion here.

There are definitely some issues with the way that the online account displays data (and other?) allowances around the time of transition between and old and new membership. For example I have seen my account show more than 3GB data allowance when I had a stacked Don membership and a current Don membership which expired in a day or two. I.e. it was adding the two allowances together which seems incorrect to me. I have also seen this happen with some other allowances (e.g. landline minutes).

Edit: 48 have said that they don't expect this to happen so I need to try to capture some evidence that it does happen but obviously that can only be done at the end of a membership etc. so is s bit tricky...

A non membership data add-on also does not display the expiry date (which may not be the same as the membership expiry date) which is also confusing. 

And sometimes the notification texts about membership/add-ons are confusing. E.g. my Don membership expired the other day but before it did I got text telling me that my landline minutes add-on was about to expire even though I had never bought one and was just using my membership bundled landline mins.

Edit: my mistake. I HAD bought a landline mins add-on in January so the text warning me that it was expiring was correct after all. I hae simply forgotten but alsu the My History link in My 48 online account did not list this purchase (by text to 1745) so that's why I thought that I had not made such a purchase...

I have reported most or all of these quirks to 48.

If you think that your online account is not reflecting actual usage or allowances then please log a support query. Maybe if more people report such issues then 48 will address them.

Hope this helps.