cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium SMS

ktmc1
Newcomer

Can you text premium SMS numbers 5XXXX when you have credit with 48?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't think so. Others have tried and failed. The price list does not make it clear whether or not they work. I don't think that 48 supports them.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't think so. Others have tried and failed. The price list does not make it clear whether or not they work. I don't think that 48 supports them.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for that, couldn't see anything from 48 in the posts about them. It's a pity you can't use your credit to text these numbers - will figure out a way to do it!

Anon
Not applicable

This just in from the care crew :

We don’t allow the texting or calling premium rate numbers on 48.

Hello, I put credit in my account thinking that I could text my local radio station (51553) using it. It should surely be possible, even if it cost €0.30, because on some of the programmes I cannot email. Regards - C

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
48 don't allow sending of texts to 5XXXX Premium SMS numbers unfortunately. Even if you have cash credit on your account.

Hope this helps.

ColmO3763
Newcomer
I had the same experience as CarmelUi. Can’t understand why it’s not possible to Topup credit and use it to text so called “premium numbers”

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Because 48 simply don't support sending texts to premium SMS numbers as I already said.

MeabhaG5915
Newcomer
You should make that clear to people before they go and switch provider. Iwould have thought twice about changing. People that I know who were thinking of changing to 48 decided not to when I made them aware that you cant enter competitions even if you put credit o your account
Seems crazy that this is not doable!!

Same. Going back to my old provider if 48 don't do a fix on this.