cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network coverage

Anon
Not applicable

I have a Nokia BL-5CT with paid standard membership. For the past week my phone hasn't allowed me to call/text at all, anywhere including 02 coverage areas, saying "error: no network coverage".

Other SIMs work in my phone and there has been no changes as regards my phone usage. I would appreciate any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

May not be linked but I noticed the network signal getting lost a couple of times this week in Dublin city centre. It came back of its own accord after a few mins or after powering off/on or toggling airplane mode off/on.

Can you try your 48 SIM in another unlocked phone?

What networks do you see when you scan for networks manually?

What happens if you try to connect to 48 (or O2 if 48 not listed separately)?

Any chance you breached the fair usage limits and got barred for the remainder of your current membership month? In that case I'm not sure that you lose the signal completely though...

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

Probably best to log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

May not be linked but I noticed the network signal getting lost a couple of times this week in Dublin city centre. It came back of its own accord after a few mins or after powering off/on or toggling airplane mode off/on.

Can you try your 48 SIM in another unlocked phone?

What networks do you see when you scan for networks manually?

What happens if you try to connect to 48 (or O2 if 48 not listed separately)?

Any chance you breached the fair usage limits and got barred for the remainder of your current membership month? In that case I'm not sure that you lose the signal completely though...

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

Probably best to log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I've tried turning it off/on multiple times to no avail. Airplane mode is the same.

I plan on trying my SIM in another phone asap but I haven't as of yet.

I see Vodafone IE, 48 and Meteor.

Selecting 48 still says "no network access" (still)

Not really possible I breached the fair usage limits as I don't use my phone all that much and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary recently.

I've already posted a query and I hope they can shine some light on the matter.

If another 48 SIM works in the phone I may have to order a new one.

(on a side note my battery life reduced dramatically around the same time as this coverage problem began. It used to last 3 days and now barely lasts 1. It may be a coincidence but I don't know much about phones so I just thought I'd mention it) 

Thanks for your help though!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yeah hopefully support can figure it out for you.
When the phone is constantly searching for a network signal it could well run the battery down quicker alright.