cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

b1ack0ut
Visitor
No internet connection got the Guido on the 31st/3. My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 version. Help needed!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try APN type = * or APN type = default,mms,supl

If necessary try Authentication type = None/not set. I think it's a redundant/irrelevant setting anyway.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did it ever work?

Are your internet/APN settings correct?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/one-plus-one-mobile-data-settings/m-p/33610#M11885

Does your online account show that you still have a data allowance balance left?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

b1ack0ut
Visitor
It's a new phone and this this is it's first sim. I've set up the APN settings as shown in the guide. My online account shows that I still have 1GB of data remaining

What are your internet/APN settings?

Is data roaming enabled?

b1ack0ut
Visitor
Data roaming is enabled and the APN ar the same as the the guide explained (I checked again just in case)

Please post your specific settings for comment/review.

Some people have used ones from the website and they did not work.

In particular I have seen APN type and Authentication type settings that prevent things working.

Mine are APN type = default,mms,supl and Authentication type = None/not set and these work for me.

b1ack0ut
Visitor
APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
Proxy: Leave Blank
Port: Leave Blank
Username: Leave Blank
Password: Leave Blank
Server: Leave Blank
MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 272
MNC: 11
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: Internet +mms
my phone is also rooted if that helps

Try APN type = * or APN type = default,mms,supl

If necessary try Authentication type = None/not set. I think it's a redundant/irrelevant setting anyway.

b1ack0ut
Visitor
Thanks so much dalyer, mobile internet is up and running 👐 all hail the 'Van Wilder'😊

Glad it's working for you now.

Can I ask which specific change in settings made the difference?

As far as I can see these settings should work in most or all cases whatever phone ie used:

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
MMS Port: 8080
APN Type: * or APN type: default,mms,supl

Every other field should be left blank/not set (including Authentication type).

In fact if you just want internet and don't care about MMS (many people don't these days) then these should suffice:

APN Type: * or APN type: default,mms,supl

Anybody disagree?