cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for "The Don" ??? Not working

trycan
Newcomer

Hello Crew & helpers Cat Very Happy

I paid for "The Don" Earlier , It Went Threw cos I got the following page after saying it was a success!! The Money Was taken from credit card cos I got that checked? But it Says on my 48 page Im still on "The Guido" what is going on ? Please help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My guess is that you bought the Don membership while your existing Guido membership still had time to run to the end of its monthly period. Buying a new membership does not prematurely terminate a current membership that still has time to run. It will stack and kick in when the current membership has expired. If you have used up calls/text/data allowances on a current membership then you may need to buy add-ons to tide you over. Buying a new membership such as the Don will not help immediately - only when the current membership runs its course.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

30 REPLIES 30

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully somebody from 48 will sort it out for you ASAP. In the meantime I'm just curious about a few things...

@annstephens06 wrote:

I received a message today to state that I have only three minutes left.

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and calls/texts/data/credit balances?

@annstephens06 wrote:

I have been paying for membership in advance that are not being acknowledged and worse still Im being put on the wrong price plans.

How do you mean not being acknowledged? I think you normally get a text and/or email when you buy a membership including buying in advance which will cause the membership to be "stacked" for use when all outstanding memberships have expired. Do you not get this? Or are you expecting something else?

@annstephens06 wrote:

I had an issue with this previous that instead of receiving my Standard membership which I click on when paying, I get put on Guido.

I made a request with regard to this issue before and ye instructed me to make sure I paid standard membership and NOT guido.

This time I methodically ensured that it was the standard membership that I was paying for, I had even gotten assistance from a friend and I 100 per cent paid for my standard membership only to receive a message today saying my minutes are nearly up.

Could it be that the initial (mistaken - on your part or 48's?) purchase of Guido means that you no longer qualify to purchase Standard membership? Remember that Standard was available those who were customers before March 5th 2013 but only if they didn't buy any of the new memberships (other than Don/VIP?)? Do you still see Standard listed when purchasing membership even if it actually causes Guido to be purchased? Or are you buying membership by text or something?

Maybe 48 can sort that out for you.

Hope this helps (although maybe not!)...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Good news... Seemingly this has changed now and anybody who was a member before March 5th 2013 can now purchase Standard membership even if they have since bought one of the other memberships in the meantime.

Anon
Not applicable

hi can i not ring anyone tell next month i have paid for guido but cant make calls what do i do i need credit in phone at all times helpppppppp

I became a new customer from today. I too paid for the Don and have no service whatsoever. Is this a regular problem with 48? Im not impressed and considering leaving. I cant even call someone for help. Its not worth it.

I also paid IN ADVANCE for the don, which I think is a short version of WE DONt CARE

my current one run out at 1/12/13 yet I CANT MAKE ANY CALLS

this has to be the BIGGEST C(d)ON EVER

If I HAVE PAID IN ADVANCE why donT you allow me calls ya wasters

post ya complaints on facebook and stop this CON,

where is there customer service number to ring?

gonna start a fbook page to highlight these con tricks 

If ya take my money then give me the SERVICE

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi warrick

Community forum helper's do not work for 48 so refer to us as you would like to be, and we will try to help you.

Membership stack - so you will have your current membership displayed on your 'My 48' page, & below it, you should see when your next/stacked membership start's/expire.

At 2359 on the date relevant to you, your membership expire's - At 0000 your next membership kick's in... I can't be sure what has happened in your case as it is a bit hazy in detail, but can you confirm you can see the new membership displayed as afore mentioned?

Is this helpfull?

Can you post back please.

🙂

Next: The Don  
until 01/01/2014 at 11:59pm 

paid

your usage

CALLS
remaining: 0 mins

No CALLS WTF I paid €20 on 1/11/13 for it to roll over and why NO rollover

1amcn
Rock Star

(Edited)

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Can you check your my 48 page for any notifications...
Have you had any fair usage warning's?
Can you see your next Guido listed? What is the start/expire date?

Can you check all this and post back?

🙂

lauren_comiskey
Newcomer
I got a text saying that they will cut me off from ringing and texting they cut me off and my membership ran out I toped up again and it still won't let me ring or text