Re: Google and other apps crashing on startup

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎30-10-2020 01:33 PM

@JackH8015 wrote:

Can you set Authentication Type to "Not set" rather than "None"?

That's what I have.

On this phone it just shows as None, surely it's the same thing. There is no Not Set option.

I think that the APN settings are correct but the failure to authenticate the automatic message has caused the phone to react very weirdly. I think the only solution is the get the message re-sent.

Edit to my post above crossed.

Try deleting your APN, configuring it from scratch using the link that I posted and leave Authentication Type (and all other fields except the ones mentioned explicitly in that link) as Not Set.

Not set and none are not the same as far as I am aware.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
Visitor
‎30-10-2020 02:44 PM

Try deleting your APN, configuring it from scratch using the link that I posted and leave Authentication Type (and all other fields except the ones mentioned explicitly in that link) as Not Set.

I tried this and it still didn't work. After this I had an idea and removed the SIM copletely and restarted. The apps are still crashing so it looks like it isn't an issue with the SIM. Thanks for your help. Now I just need to figure out what caused this, atm I'm considering just doing a factory reset.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎30-10-2020 02:48 PM

Not sure if this is of any use?

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-lg-v40-thinq-apps-keep-crashing-1094237

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Visitor
‎30-10-2020 02:55 PM
Couldn't get into Google at all when setting up phone yesterday- Untrusted Connection message. Sorted it by putting in correct date & time on the phone.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

The Legend
‎30-10-2020 03:00 PM

@BerP7250 wrote:
Couldn't get into Google at all when setting up phone yesterday- Untrusted Connection message. Sorted it by putting in correct date & time on the phone.

Do you not just set the phone to sync with the network time?

0 Likes

Visitor
‎30-10-2020 04:00 PM

Thanks for all the help but it looks like I'll have to do a factory reset.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎30-10-2020 04:34 PM

A quick Google suggests that apps crashing on that make and model of phone may not be uncommon but I couldn't see any obvious reason or fix.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Top Discussions
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community