cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature/enhancement requests thread

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Some ideas for new feature/enhancements - maybe others would like to add their own to this thread?

And yes - I know that some new features might be cost prohibitive... Man Happy

1. Webtexts - already covered here: Webtext

2. Optional automatic renewal of membership - e.g. you opt in or out of your membership being renewed automatically each month just before your current one expires.

3. Expiry date of all add-ons clearly stated on My 48 account page - at the moment this info is not available for data add-ons but I think it's there for all others

Edit 20140123

4. Suggested here - some form of interactive/chat style support or something that is more immediate than the current process for dealing with support issues. More proactive involvement by 48 support staff on the forum might also help in this context.

Edit 20140304

5. Ability to buy all membership types as a gift in the Gift shop. At the moment you cannot gift the old Standard (all calls + texts for €10) membership to those who qualify (those who were members before 5th March 2013).

6. Ability to pay for gifts from topup credit - as far as I can see this is not possible at the moment and gifts must be paid for by card or voucher?

7. List all transactions in the My History section of the My 48 online account. At the moment some transactions do not seem to be listed here - e.g. membership/add-on purchases transacted by sending a keyword to 1745 are not listed.

8. Allow editing of posts in the mobile view of the forum. At the moment this does not seem to be possible.

9. Allow topups by text or via the 48 SIM Toolkit installed on some (or all?) phones. E.g. text "topup10" to 1745 to topup by €10 from the stored card. Maybe this is not feasible for security reasons though? The SIM Toolkit also offers the option to topup but it does not work.

10. Make pushing of internet/data/MMS settings to devices more seamless. This is the perennial one that seems to cause a lot of people a lot of problems even now that the online Tweakker configurator and other options for configuring settings are available. So anything else that can be done to simplify it would help. In my experience the text that arrives after reinstalling/resetting/registering a phone/SIM saying that the settings will be sent has never worked on any phone that I have used so just confuses people.

Edit 20140415

11. More than 100 bundled texts on the Mitch membership. See here.

12. Better support for free/low cost numbers. 1850 numbers are 50c per call right now so maybe not "low cost"? 1890 numbers are 50c per min so definitely not low cost and not covered by bundled landline mins. The cost of calling new low cost (free?) 0761 public service numbers is not clear - I think it may be 50c per call or min? Edit 20140527: 0761 numbers are now charged from your membership/add-on bundled landline minutes allowance.

13. Membership/add-on option for "unlimited" landline calls. See here.

Edit 20140416

14. Even with no data package/allowance left allow access to all 48 website features via carrier data (not just wifi) including credit card transactions which may redirect to third party sites... See here.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.
28 REPLIES 28

Anon
Not applicable

International sms bundles would be nice. 

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys. They've been passed on to the 48 team who are looking into them. When they have an update regarding any of these, we'll post it in this thread.

Anon
Not applicable

I bought credit for a friend. Have to say found the page very confusing, so I made a mistake I bought membership for them twice. So 10e for this month and 20e for next month. I need to cancel this asap. Can anyone help?? To be honest find that lots in 48 works but an awful lot doesn't also.

If you want a refund/credit then you'll probably have to contact support to see what they can do for you.

How to get help

What specifically did you find confusing on the purchase?

I have always found it clear enough but it's annoying when card payments fail for no obvious reason.

As far as I know all payments/purchases end with a confirmation page where you can review what you are buying before committing it.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

When I was buying it they asked for the persons number I was gifting the credit too and my own number. When it got to confirmation page it said that it had been credited to my number, I thought this was confusing but said okay I'll top up my own for next month. So then I went back to top up the original number I was a bit cautious this time so I went back to make sure I had done it correctly and when I did it automatically changed to 20e membership instead of 10e which I had ticked the first time. So that went through. I then checked my bank balance and it showed that I had topped up the same person with 30e. So I'm happy to top up that person with 10e but i need to cancel the 20e gift.

You mentioned support?? How do I get support to help me with the problem. I have tried and the page isn't working.

Thanks

You mean the gift shop page?

Gift Shop

It has two fields for mobile numbers:

Mobile number to pay membership for / Mobile number to be topped up

and

Your mobile number (if you want an SMS receipt)

which seem pretty clear to me so I'm not sure where the confusion arises. Unless it's on the confirmation/review purchase page just before committing it? If necessary flag this with support also in case there is some issue there.

If the support page doesn't allow you to log a support request then try another browser or use the email address:

support@48months.zendesk.com

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

I make quite a sizable amount of landline calls, Would ye think about adding a new membership with unlimited landline calls as well as unlimited mobile cals and texts. Lycamobile are doing this at quite an attractive price!!!

Anon
Not applicable

I am happy with 99% of the great service .. I don't want frills as that will only increas the cost.

What I would love is a better way of dealing with 1890 numbers. It is a source of constant problems with me because any time I have to call a customer support or customer service they inevitably use a 1890 number and for the umpteenth time 10 minutes ago I was cut off after going through a long description with a company ... now I can't call them again until I can add credit and will have to do the same again ......

It is a right royal pain.

In case it's of any help to you or others in this situation...

http://www.saynoto1890.com/

Hope this helps.